What is HumHub?
HumHub is a free, flexible, open-source social network software. It is written on top of the Yii PHP framework that provides an easy-to-use toolkit for creating and launching your social network. It is a free social network and framework built to give you the tools to make communication and collaboration easy and successful.
It is lightweight, powerful, and comes with a user-friendly interface. Using HumHub you can create your own customized social enterprise application that fits your needs. It is released under the terms of GNU Affero General Public License version 3.
That platform can be used for internal communication and collaboration, ranging from a few users up to huge intents that serve companies with hundreds and thousands of employees. It was meant to be self-hosted and currently comes with pretty normal requirements, working with most shared hosting environments around. It also supports themes and modules to extend the functionality for almost all requirements.
All Standard Features Of HumHub
- Notifications: Well informed about things related to you
- Activity Stream: Monitor work and communications at a glance
- Dashboard: Overview and fast access to the most important information
- Social Tools: Post, comment, follow, like, and connect with other
- User Profiles: The digital business card for each other
- Groups: Organize users in departments, branches, or anything else.
- Directory: Find spaces, users, and groups in a sorted way
- Files: Share documents, media files, and discuss it
- Public Access: Share content also with non-registered users
- Search: Find people, discussions, and files easily.
- Mobile Ready: Use it with all kinds of modern devices like smartphones, and tablets
- And More: We are constantly working with love on new features.
System Requirements of HumHub
- PHP 5.4+
- Apache 2.x
- Shell access(e.g. ssh)to server
- PHP Curl extension (W/SSL Support)
- PHP multibyte string support
- PHP PDO MySQL extension
- PHP Zip extension
- PHP EXIF extension
- PHP INTL extension
- PHP FileInfo extension
How to install HumHub using Softaculous
Step 1. Go to cPanel
Step 2. Under the software, section click on the “Softaculous App Installer” button
Step 3. On this window, you see a sidebar on the left side select “Social Networking” then scroll down to the “HumHub” click there
Step 4. After clicking open new interface here click on the “Install Now” button
Step 5. On the new window, you fill in the information
Step 6. First, choose the version you want to install
Step 7. Second, choose the installation URL
Step 8. Third, Choose the data directory
Step 9. Then write site name and site description
Step 10. Then Create your administrator user name, password
Step 11. Write user Email in the Email box.
Step 12. The next box select the language which can you use
Step 13. Click on the install button at the bottom of the page
Step 14. You will get confirmation of successful installation on the interface.
Visit us www.hostrik.com